Sezzle is an early-stage fintech startup based in Minneapolis whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials owns a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all.
To address these problems, we have built an alternative payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. Allowing consumers to pay for purchases over time has shown to increase sales and basket sizes for merchants, and we pay our merchant partners upfront, eliminating the risk of fraud or non-payment.
Since launching this alternative credit platform in August 2016, we have seen explosive growth. As we have grown, we are looking to expand our engineering and IT team to include database administrators to enable our analysts and engineers as much as possible while still maintaining the highest levels of security.
- Database Administrators duties will include:
- Manage cloud-based DBMS (Amazon RDS preferred)
- Build and support data workflows, pipelines, and batches
- Database scalability, sharding, and reliability
- Permission management withing DBMS
- Query alerts, optimizations
- Assist in the design of new databases and tables
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 2+ years as a database administrator
- 4+ years of enterprise SQL experience
Ideal qualifications: AWS data solutions experience
512 N 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.