Oracle Database Administrator
International Decision Systems, Group (IDS Group) is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, IDS Group. has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS Group customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS Group for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS Group you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
About the Team:
The database team is a small, versatile team based in Minneapolis and Bangalore that works primarily on our InfoLease and Rapport products and supports the development and professional services teams with their Oracle and SQL Server knowledge.
About the Position: The successful candidate will bring their Oracle skills to bear on in-house software development and customer-facing software implementation projects. The position reports to the manager of the Database Administrator team and provides services to the IDS Development, Professional Services and Support. Most of your time will be spent on development projects, where the DBA will contribute to the design, development and implementation of our InfoLease 10 and Rapport products and maintain development environments. On customer assignments, the DBA will assist Professional Services to help support customer implementations, upgrades and other projects. IDS is looking for a highly capable, self-motivated candidate who is able to work in an environment of anticipated frequent change and is able to recommend and complete data model solutions based on functional requirements.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Design, build and update database schemas as needed to support ongoing software development efforts
- Support and maintain internal development environments
- Provide subject matter expertise on Oracle and SQL Server database administration, design, implementation and configuration
- Measure and tune key queries to improve performance
- Provide database tuning and administration expertise in support of Rapport and InfoLease implementations and upgrades (some weekend on-call support required)
- 75% Database design and development, 10% Internal environment administration, 5% Customer implementation and support, %5 SQL Tuning, 5% Database administration
About You - Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or comparable professional experience
- 6+ years Oracle Development Experience
- 3+ years Design of Database objects and relational tables and stored procedures
- 2+ years SQL performance tuning
- Oracle Certifications
- Production Environment Oracle support experience
- SQL Server experience
- Exposure to Linux is preferred
- Exposure to Agile is preferred
- Experience with modern HA and DR solutions for Oracle and SQL Server are a plus
220 South Sixth Street Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.