Total Expert is looking for a Database Engineer to expand our growing Engineering organization. Total Expert is a SaaS technology start-up located in St. Louis Park, MN focused on providing the very first fully integrated enterprise grade Marketing Operating System for the real estate and financial services industries. We are looking for team members motivated to move fast, innovative, and are passionate about delivering a high-quality digital experience as part of a highly collaborative and awesome team!
We are looking for an experienced Database Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work directly with a large team of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support the Total Expert platform and integrations. We’re looking for someone who excels at supporting, tuning, and scaling AWS hosted MySQL and Maria database instances, and who is passionate about data. What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop, and implement new internal database designs and architecture, infrastructure, and ETL and data feeds.
- Provide operational support for datastores, data warehouses, and associated database products servicing a variety of users, customers, and mission critical integrations.
- Work with Engineering staff on data needs, query analysis design and optimization, database performance tuning, and ongoing operational support and troubleshooting.
- Automate and manage database software management, including patches, upgrades, version management and monitoring in production and non-production environments.
- Manage backup and recovery strategies, ETL feeds, data replications, and capacity planning. Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working with database technologies including MariaDB, MySQL, or AWS database instances.
- Demonstrated expertise with open source/Linux development and production environments
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing databases, including automating processes, supporting custom application development.
- Hands-on experience tuning and troubleshooting database structures and queries including query optimization, table index tuning strategies, and profiling techniques for isolating operational bottlenecks.
- Experience with data replication technologies, ETL, and implementing failover and recovery strategies.
- Experience with scripting technologies and working knowledge of Python and shell scripts.
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN, GIT, SourceSafe or TFS.
- Experience using version control system (GitHub, TFS, …), understanding of branching and merging.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
St. Louis Park