Developer, Business Systems
The Minnesota Twins are seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join our Business Systems Development team. This position offers wide-ranging exposure to current programming methods and frameworks in a fast-paced agile environment. With creativity and passion, this candidate will collaborate with key members of supported departments and help evolve business process by developing and maintaining data centric applications.
This position requires strong full stack web development skills and experience as well as a demonstrated ability for independent curiosity and a commitment to excellence. A strong work ethic and good time management skills are required. A proactive communication style and engaging interpersonal skills will also enable the candidate to enjoy direct relationships with product users.
- Works closely with all Departments supported by the Business Systems Development team to develop, maintain, and expand strategic business applications that advance the needs and goals of the organization.
- Uses an agile software development approach for rapid deployment combined with an incremental improvement process to existing systems and environments.
- Uses Azure DevOps to ensure successful application deployments to multiple environments.
- Works closely with our Technology Infrastructure team to ensure secure, scalable, and high-performing applications.
- Collaborates with our Baseball System Developers to ensure skill set and development environment continuity.
- Creates clear and concise documentation that detail business processes and procedures delivered through applications.
- Plans for and provides continuing business software education to users.
- Stays current with technology through seminars, conferences, and other educational opportunities.
- Proactively contributes to the overall technology vision of the organization.
- Shares Twins game and event support duties with other individuals within the Technology Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years software development experience, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, and iterative improvement.
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React or Angular preferred.
- Experience with Restful API design such as node.js or ASP.NET CORE preferred.
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and database design is a plus.
- Interest in optimizing user experience through effective UI/UX design.
- Understand software development best practices and long-term maintainability of code.
- Resourceful interest in researching and learning new technologies.
Minneapolis, MN To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].