WindLogics provides innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that enable low cost, reliable and sustainable power systems.
Position Specific Description: In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
Do you have the following experience?
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Employees in this role are responsible for automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes. Individuals drive continued improvement of software delivery process. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the continuous integration services maintenance and configuration and keeps the build environment for the software developers working well
- Maintains and creates automatic deployment of software builds to test and production environments and enables the operations team to easily and consistently deploy software developed by the new products teams
- Monitors system development and maintenance and ensures that staff at all technical levels are informed of the health of our systems
- Continually evaluates Operation teams processes and automates repetitive and temporary solutions
- Improves the product environment and practices used by the software developers
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
Preferred Qualifications: None
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
1021 Bandana Blvd. East Suite 111, Saint Paul, MN