Digital Marketing Specialist
REPORTS TO: Digital Marketing Manager
SUPERVISES: No one
STATUS: Exempt (salaried)
HOURS: 8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday; some evening or weekends as needed
POSITION SUMMARY The Digital Marketing Specialist will manage our online experience while deepening engagement of supporters and driving revenue. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist will assist in developing and implementing our overall digital marketing strategy and manage a variety of components of our online presence. This position is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining Second Harvest Heartland’s web properties and supporting the communications, marketing and online fundraising efforts of the organization. Requires a strong desire to be an active contributor to both strategic and creative discussions. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES By enabling Second Harvest Heartland to effectively promote its mission and fundraising activities through digital communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist greatly contributes to the organization’s innovation, creativity and continuous improvement as a leader in the hunger relief community. In performing assigned duties and responsibilities, the Digital Marketing Specialist demonstrates the organization’s vision and values: we’re all in this together; we deliver; we innovate; we lead with our hearts; and we believe differences make us stronger.
Websites and Email
- Plan, create and implement effective digital marketing campaigns
- Monitor, evaluate and report on results of digital campaigns
- Assist in developing overall content strategy for the website
- Help develop and implement new strategies for digital advertising for email list growth and donor conversion
- Manage, produce and maintain HTML/CMS for Second Harvest Heartland websites and microsites
- Build, send, test and analyze emails
- Implement responsive design techniques for mobile and tablet optimization of website, donation forms and emails.
- Troubleshoot display and rendering issues in dynamic, web-based applications on a variety of browsers and operating systems.
Social Media and Community Management
- Provide backup support our active online communities
- Assist Digital Marketing Manager to optimize SEO/SEM, advertising and landing pages
- Manage Google Ad Words strategy
- Develop analytics/KPI reports and program optimization recommendations
- Assist in maintaining style, logo and brand guidelines.
- Assist in managing digital projects and project timelines
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive behavior.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- 3+ years Digital Marketing experience
- BA degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge
- Basic SEO/SEM experience
- Strong Google Analytics knowledge
- Experience working with CMS platforms
- Experience coordinating multi-channel campaigns using email, online, mobile and social media
- Experience with Google Ad Words
- Ability to optimize graphics for web usage using Adobe Photoshop
- Some project management experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to travel when needed.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.