Digital Product Owner
Star Tribune has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Product Owner to join our Digital Team! The Digital Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of a product, serving as a liaison between the business and development teams. In this role, you will help develop product strategy, drive execution and evaluate performance. You will use Agile methodologies to deliver high quality products to our advertising and reader customers that align with strategic goals and drive business value.
- Develop product requirements, write and prioritize user stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product vision.
- Define product vision, product roadmaps, and set goals and KPIs for your products.
- Participate in daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews/ Retrospectives led by Scrum Master that will enable engineering teams to deliver value as efficiently as possible.
- Define acceptance criteria for each product initiative and develop User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plan. Accountable for UAT testing and final product approval.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end customer experience, identify product gaps and areas of opportunities that will have a quantifiable increase in business and customers value.
- Work with design team to develop optimal experience to ensure that overall design and functionality of the finished product delivers value and drives customer success. Validate changes through customer feedback, iterative user testing and consumer research.
- Understanding of key metrics and levers that drive performance. Analyze and use data to test theories and guide pivots to ensure business objectives are met.
- Collaborate with Experimentation team to design the A/B testing strategies according to your product roadmaps. Formulate strong test hypotheses and KPIs for each test. Utilize results from test to evolve product roadmap.
- Communicate with stakeholders across the company ensuring product goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives. Provide timely updates on product status and scope changes.
- 3+ years of related experience working directly with consumer facing digital products, including websites or mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to collaborate across departments and build consensus
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, handle uncertainty and risk, and adapt to change
- Possess great problem-solving skills
- Experience working in digital media industry
- Experience working on engagement and retention in a subscription-based environment
- Some top benefits include: a new downtown office with free gym access to Steele Fitness in the building and access to rooftop amenities in warm months; commuter benefits; competitive medical and dental insurance; paid time off; 401(k) matching; tuition assistance; and unlimited digital access to Star Tribune. In addition, Star Tribune has partnerships with many organizations that offer our employees a variety of discounts!
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].