Director of Finance
Kipsu is a pioneer and industry leader in digital messaging capabilities for service applications across the retail, hospitality, facilities management, mass transit, and shopping industries. Kipsu’s solution is used by service leaders to enable guest and customer service teams to develop deep, personalized relationships with their customers in a way that they never have before — by enabling the team to be always available whether the guest is standing in front of them or not — through digital channels such as text messaging, in-app messaging, live web chat, over-the-top messaging and social media messaging.
We are rapidly growing with a team of 64 now serving thousands of customer partners using our software solution in 38 countries. Kipsu’s fast-paced and high energy environment has a maniacal focus on customer satisfaction and growing our company to scale our impact. We have a highly dedicated team that is driven to build a large organization commanding a substantial market presence.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for leading the financial planning, analysis, and accounting activities for Kipsu. This new position will work closely with all parts of the organization and lead a team of two professionals. This person will partner with the business unit leads as well as provide strategic support to senior management including preparation of board presentations, providing decision support on critical company decisions, supporting new business opportunities, developing key performance metrics and managing other high impact projects.
Responsibilities include leadership of finance team, financial reporting and forecasting, interpreting trends and variances of financial results and providing business leadership through data-driven financial insight. This is a highly visible position working with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial and Operations Officer on strategy and analysis with significant influence and exposure throughout the company.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans and modeling tools for the company.
- Lead the development of financial models and analyses to support strategic corporate growth initiatives.
- Manage and mentor direct reports, including the development and training of staff.
- Own the monthly close process, including the preparation of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and all supporting documentation.
- Perform essential treasury functions, including overseeing bank accounts and debt.
- Manage the general ledger, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, billing, accounts payable and annual accounting review.
- Preparation of US GAAP consolidated financial statements.
- Lead and continue to develop the finance and accounting capabilities for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and CHARACTERISTICS:
- 6-8 years of professional finance or accounting experience, as well as experience managing and growing teams.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience in a high-growth, rapidly changing work environment required. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency both as an individual contributor and as a team leader.
- Must be team-oriented and have the confidence in dealing with people at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and ability to initiate and lead change.
- Naturally biased to serve others and be highly responsive to both external and internal customers.
- Not afraid to roll-up their sleeves to model “the doing” of the job to direct reports.
- Comfortable managing budgets and playing a key role of the custodian of a bootstrapped company’s tight resources.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Education: BA or BS in Accounting/Finance
Supervisor: Chief Financial/Operating Officer
100 S. 1ST STREET, NO. 583491, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].