Director of Product Management
Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Director of Product Manager will help create the vision, strategy, and design to enable further growth for Field Nation. This entrepreneurial role be responsible for a portfolio of verticals within a marketplace, both new and existing, and will work closely with our Marketplace and Growth teams. Fast-paced iterative development and delivery through experimentation and market analysis will be key in this role.
Join us in our fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. We are located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Vision & Product Strategy
- Articulate product vision and break it down into definable product components, features, and benefits.
- Create, continuously refine, and own product short-term, mid-term, and long-term roadmap, leading to realization of vision.
- Collect and synthesize market insights and competitive intelligence to identify strategic product and business opportunities.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” by discovering new opportunities to solve customer problems and grow the product business.
Customer Development / Product Development:
Use Rapid Prototyping, Customer Development, and Lean Startup methods to validate product-market fit of product features, prior to scaling. Ensure product definition and design clearly communicate customer needs to the development team.
Leadership, Collaboration, & Execution:
- Be accountable for the product’s market performance.
- Create business objectives and key results for the product.
- Drive a cross-functional team to conceptualize, develop, and validate product market fit.
- Assess value and effort to prioritize opportunities for maximizing value and strategic alignment.
- Work closely with Data Science team to validate qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate your ideas and vision.
- Collaborate with internal teams on go-to-market strategy and execution.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years in a software product management/strategy
- Experience managing a portfolio of verticals within a marketplace, both new and existing
- Marketplace network experience highly preferred
- Deep expertise in the Product Management discipline within B2B products
- Demonstrated experience in setting product strategy
- 7+ years of experience in software development (product, user experience or coding) or software marketing
- Strong interest in market research and ability to analyze and transform the information into strategy
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience
- Experience working in an fast-paced development environment including Lean Startup and Customer Development methods.
- Sharp eye for Product Design
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, hyper growth organization
- Analytical and data driven approach identifying, defining, and prioritizing opportunities and solutions.
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business or related field
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
901 South Marquette Ave #2300, Minneaplolis, MN