Director or Vice President of Software Engineering
Nexben is an insurtech company offering modern solutions for the health insurance industry. Our benefit marketplace aggregates a plethora of carrier plans and allows users to move fluidly from selection to enrollment to billing. Nexben helps agents, carriers, and employers save time and money. All benefit with Nexben.
Nexben is excited to be hiring a Head of Engineering to provide strategic, technical, and people leadership as we prepare for rapid growth. Our crew is small but mighty and you are guaranteed to make an impact.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Wearing multiple hats and saying “yes” to a variety of challenges (this is the first bullet point for all our open positions, by the way)
- Providing technical leadership as we build, refine, and scale a software as a service (SaaS) platform that is disrupting the health insurance space
- Partner closely with the CEO to help evaluate and give input on business opportunities as we define the technical vision for the team and company
- Managing a team of four software engineers, providing regular feedback, holding one-on-ones, and providing your direct reports career development and support
- Creating organized structure, a sprint cadence, and best practices
- Performing code reviews and providing technical and design feedback to the team
- Participating in planning cycles and helping us prioritize work
- Playing an active role in our recruiting process, helping us grow our engineering team
- Serving as a first point-of-contact to the other teams, answering questions, communicating decisions, and maintaining the boundaries necessary for your development team to focus on their priorities
How / What
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience building engineering processes, practices, and department infrastructure from scratch
- A strong aptitude for business and especially...
- A genuine gift for thinking and working through ambiguous business questions
- Experience building the technical vision, direction, and road map for a product
- Recent experience managing a team of software engineers
- Emotional Intelligence and expert communication skills
- Change management facilitation experience
- Experience scaling a SaaS product (preferred)
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Please help us kick start the process of getting to know you by including a cover letter that describes how you have partnered with senior leaders to develop a vision, direction, and road map for a software product. Real humans will read this letter, I promise! No agencies, please. We have a full-time recruiter on staff who’s got us covered.
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].