Embedded Controls Architect
This Embedded Controls Architect will be responsible for leading the architectural framework development for the embedded controls platform at Thermo King.
This role will establish a strategy of reuse and leverage across product platforms while ensuring that all stakeholders are aligned and taking steps to deliver high quality, efficient controller designs. This position also collaborates with the product management group, software and hardware teams and third parties to define and deliver our product vision. The Controls Architect will take an active role in the design and implementation of our products to enable growth and deliver the products and features our customers demand.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned new product development professional with multiple years of experience leading and managing platform controller projects. The candidate will have demonstrated experience working in multiple functional domains and must have demonstrated ability to actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources and successfully translate these requirements into cohesive strategies and innovative solutions.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to deliver an architectural vision / roadmap in relation to our overall product roadmap.
- Take an active role in high priority projects to ensure design robustness, risk mitigation and specification oversight.
- Design/Develop proof of concept solutions as required.
- Provide architecture and design support to develop global, efficiently developed solutions.
- Continuously evolve and improve our product architecture (evolutionary architecture).
- Active researcher, keeping up with the latest trends in controls architecture trends.
- Ensures stable, reliable, secure, and well performing controls environment.
- Inspire, mentor, and encourage developers to apply industry's best practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science and at least 7 years’ experience with controller architecture in areas of hardware, firmware, controls and/or software is required; Master's or PhD Degree is preferred.
- Ability to be a motivational thought leader, driven, and possess exceptional business acumen, coupled with strong working knowledge of hardware and software controller implementations.
- Experience building highly modular and reliable architectures, requiring minimal support and maintenance.
- Ability to quickly prioritize issues/requests and be capable of personally diving deep when required to deliver solutions within an accelerated timeframe.
- Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening and informing. Can communicate up, down and across the organization.
- Works in a collaborative fashion, elevates team results over individual results.
- Experience with designing and supporting controller solutions for rugged applications in harsh climate environments is a plus.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile in a product development culture and practices.
- Experience working with offshore development groups.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.