Engineering Technician (Field Service)
Engineering Technician III / Field Service – Semiconductor
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn new equipment and to work with today's most advanced thin film processing tools? We have an exciting opportunity in our Minnesota office to provide support to the leading manufacturer of hard disk drive read/write heads.
- Under general supervision, assist experienced technicians with the installation, repair, calibration and maintenance of semiconductor process equipment in a manner which minimizes equipment down time.
- Monitor, inspect and maintain semiconductor equipment in order to prevent and minimize malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activity and provide periodic reports.
- Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure adequate inventory is available for repair work. Order and replace parts
- Participate in technical training.
- Troubleshoot, install and repair high vacuum equipment including PVD and etching systems
- Identify, analyze and repair product failures
- Train Field Service Engineers and customer technicians on equipment usage and maintenance
- Develop and implement training plan for each FSE and customer technician
- Bachelors degree preferred in electrical, mechanical, chemical or industrial engineering; or AA degree in technical or mechanical field, or equivalent training
- Min. 3 years of experience on semiconductor vacuum equipment (PVD, CVD, RIE, Ultra-high vacuum systems, IBE/IBD, and vacuum robot systems)
- Experience with highly complex multi chamber systems preferred
- PLC experience a plus
- Ability and flexibility to work evening and weekends and travel overnight for business. Business travel may extend 1-2 months as needed and must be available for the duration of the assignment
- This job requires up to 15% travel and requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
Nancy Rosen, Recruiter, [email protected], 949-753-4089
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].