Executive Director at BETA
The Executive Director fulfils the organization’s mission by working in partnership with BETA’s governing Board of Directors to define and deliver the organization's overall vision, operational & talent plans. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful delivery, growth, and impact of all Beta.MN planning, programming, personnel and day to day operations.
BETA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is “helping Minnesota tech founders succeed.” To fulfill this mission, BETA runs a series of founder-first programs and Twin Cities Startup Week. Both properties have experienced dramatic growth over the past five years, and now require the next generation of leadership to ensure its continued success.
- Execute all job duties in alignment with BETA’s core mission, vision & values.
- Double the number of startups BETA has supported within 3 years to foster continued growth of the Minnesota startup community.
- Work with BETA's Board of Directors to develop and execute strategic plan for fundraising, programming, and personnel to drive BETA’s growth over the next 3 years.
- Strive for 100% funder renewal annually while identifying and growing new funding sources by 75% over 3 years.
- Select, on-board, manage & sufficiently grow the BETA staff to deliver on defined goals, expand organizational capabilities, and create a highly engaged and retained workforce.
- Produce quarterly and annual reporting to BETA Board of Directors on the financial position, results of operations, and status of program expenses.
- Drive & manage efforts to stay within annual Board of Directors’ approved program budgets while making financing operating decisions throughout the year.
- Provide a 50+ NPS score user experience to BETA’s key program participants – founders, funders and attendees.
- Represent BETA at meetings and community events as an ambassador of the brand, including public speaking and solicitations to ensure BETA is known as the go-to resource for startups in Minnesota.
- Work with others, and participate in, writing grants to secure funding.
- Work with an accounting resource to ensure that all financial reporting meets acceptable financial practices and standards for a non-profit.
Key Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Founder-focused: Someone who cares for the needs of Twin Cities-based founders and desires to see their success.
- You look for guidance, alignment and clear goals. Not for orders or instructions.
- You are candid and direct in your communication.
- You share information and knowledge openly and proactively with founders, funders, staff, attendees, volunteers and Board of Directors.
- You use the best of your abilities to continuously innovate and improve your work, your team and BETA.
- Ability to gather data, analyze metrics and prepare supporting reports.
- Comfortable with public speaking to represent BETA at community events.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed, which may include occasional weekends and evenings.
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship or non-profits.
- Management of a small team to execute the organization’s mission and events.
- Proven experience as a team leader.
- Familiarity with the early-stage, tech companies.
- Experience going through an annual budgeting process with regular reporting.
Experience (Nice to Have)
- Reporting to a board and preparing for board meetings.
- Previous experience working with/in a non-profit.
- Minimal travel expected within Minnesota
If interested, please send your resume to: [email protected]
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].