Front End Designer
SportsEngine is partnering with GolfNow, also an NBC company, to drive marketing efforts for the GolfNow business with the addition of a Front End Designer in our Minneapolis office.
The Front End Designer will support the SportsEngine & GolfNow Business marketing teams to create web experiences that help acquire, onboard, and engage customers. This is a diverse role spanning development of websites, landing pages, e-commerce experiences, widgets and trackers, and overall tools that deliver great experiences for prospective customers and current customers.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow Business provides turnkey solutions to their operations (business.golfnow.com) with the main areas of focus on:
- Online marketing and distribution of tee times
- Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
- Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
This role will be located in Minneapolis, MN within the SportsEngine Business Unit, a division of NBC Sports. Applications must include a link to an online portfolio to be considered.
Front End Designer Role and Responsibilities:
- Conversion of design concepts to standards based HTML, CSS & JS markup
- Theme development & product enhancements for our proprietary CMS
- Use of Front End template languages to produce simple markup with beautiful results
Front End Designer Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a minimum of 3 years experience in the digital industry as a designer
- Have ability to execute web design projects from concept to completion
- Love writing sustainable code
- Have experience working with CMS platforms a plus (Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, Shopify, etc.)
- Have experience supporting marketing teams using a diverse set of software and systems including Marketo, SalesForce, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, etc.
- Have experience working with Sass/SCSS
- Have experience working with Liquid markup or other template languages
- Are knowledgeable of Git, Github, Ruby on Rails & MVC application development
- Have extensive fluency and experience with HTML, CSS, & JS
- Are creative and detailed orientated, with an excellent design sense
- Are passionate about UX/UI Design and up to date with web design trends
- Possess exceptional understanding of typography and design hierarchy
- Are highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other standard graphics applications
- Can conceptualize and design branding and collateral
- Can create stunning graphics for premier sports team, league, club and organization websites
- Have excellent communications skills including the ability to present concepts and designs to clients
- A love of sports (and a passion for golf!)
- A pragmatic, team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn about technology daily
- An intrinsic need/desire to help people
- A passion to win
Equal Employment Opportunity: SportsEngine is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
807 Broadway ST NE, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.