Front-End Developer, Angular
Prevent Biometrics is a rapidly growing sports technology company working on one of the biggest issues in athletics and public health: injuries from head impacts. The company’s game-changing head impact monitoring system turns the observational, subjective way of identifying head impacts into an objective, data-driven process.
Based in Minneapolis, MN, Prevent Biometrics was founded in 2015 as a spinoff of the renowned Cleveland Clinic. The company has developed the first and only head impact monitoring technology that helps teams make the right call about player safety.
The company has been widely recognized by national media, and was awarded three prestigious “Best of CES” awards at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show. Its early generation products are in use by leading researchers and in beta testing by over 50 college, high school and youth teams. A national rollout of the Prevent system is scheduled for 2019.
The Prevent team includes accomplished business people and veteran technical experts in biomechanics, electrical and mechanical engineering, materials sciences and software development. What unites this growing team is an intense shared passion to advance sports safety through transformative technology.
If you have drive, resourcefulness, creativity and a track record of success, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
Role and Responsibilities: Prevent Biometrics is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the user’s experience and driven to delight. This position will be working on a range of applications from administrative portals to external customer web applications for mobile and desktop.
- Develop new user-facing features in web applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and extend existing designs
- Meet with stakeholders to review requirements and demonstrate outcomes Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
Qualifications and Skills:
- College degree in relevant field or equivalent role with proven success
- 3+ years of customer facing web development
- Demonstratable experience with Angular single page applications
- Demonstratable experience with Progressive Web App technologies
- Mobile first responsive design
- Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin experience nice to have
- Takes initiative in proposing ideas, soliciting input, and optimizing solutions
- Ability to recognize problems/opportunities and recommend/implement solutions
- Ability to execute successfully in a fast-paced startup environment
- Interpersonal skills to develop and manage good working relationships with colleagues, contractors, suppliers, inspectors, and customers
- Collaborative, team player
Equal Employment Opportunity: Prevent Biometrics is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
4530 West 77th St, Suite 300, Edina, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.