Front End Engineer
- Design features.
- Develop and style UI components.
- Work closely with product management to translate customer needs into killer features.
- Identify and implement key technology components to enhance the platform.
- Exercise design and coding skills both inside and outside the bounds of an existing "best practices" application stack.
- Collaborate with your engineering peers to deliver a robust cloud-based offering.
- You'll be working in a small team with full-stack engineers who are at least proficient in front-end technologies. Willingness to develop at least some proficiency in the other direction (the back-end, especially the API layer) is a plus.
- Build environment includes Node.js, npm, gulp, git, bash.
- Some proficiency with Java and/or any JVM language (e.g. Kotlin, Groovy, Scala) a plus.
- Some proficiency or at least willingness to engage with CQL (Cypher) and SQL also a plus.
- Development experience with Web applications.
- Design and usability experience and skills.
- Experience with REST and JSON.
- Familiarity with and an ability to take a meaningful part in discussions regarding front-end Web application architectures.
- Experience with the corresponding development tools.
- A demonstrable focus on product quality and performance in your areas of technical expertise.
- Ability to reliably estimate and scope work -- to set expectations, then deliver.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, combined with a willingness and sense of responsibility towards team and customer.
- An interest in and willingness to question feature value proposition (remember, the problem domain is IT).
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.