Our client is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offering free personalized websites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during a health challenge of any kind. Our mission is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier.
To analyze, develop, create and modify web-based software solutions to meet organizational needs, including solutions for mobile applications and other product offerings.
Defines, develops and assists in overseeing software engineering efforts on a full range of applications (mobile, web and business intelligence), across all the technology stacks, based on business needs and requirements.
Represents the technology team while collaborating with business owners and subject matter experts to identify key business objectives relating to mobile and web technology.
Participates in agile ceremonies and promotes software engineering best practices.
Leads the production of designs and prototypes and implements them using common front-end and back-end technologies.
Ensures the performance of front-end layouts and views, including identifying existing issues and opportunities for improvement.
Reviews code and software module designs and components to improve quality and reuse.
Generates quality artifacts such as architectural roadmaps, high level and detailed designs and necessary documentation to support the development of applications.
Creates unit tests for developed applications to ensure quality is maintained.
Researches and identifies application opportunities around performance, scalability and maintainability.
Shares knowledge and mentors software engineers with regards to design principles, implementation techniques, and emerging technologies and trends.
Provides back-up support for others in technology team as need arises.
Surveys markets for industry and technology trends and opportunities that may support client’s goals and objectives.
Keeps management informed of important developments, risk areas, potential problems, and related information necessary for decision making.
Makes formal and informal technical presentations.
Leads small teams on special projects.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience in computer science, technology or position of similar responsibilities.
- Experience in back-end technologies like PHP or JAVA.
- Experience working in high availability environments.
- Experience with browser compatibility issues, W3C standards, accessibility guidelines, responsive design, usability and optimization techniques.
- Experience with front-end libraries and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap).
- Experience working within an agile environment is preferred.
- Experience with Zend Framework 2 is preferred
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases. MongoDB is preferred.
- Experience with OOP, Web Services, REST is preferred.
- Experience with Unit Testing and Test Automation practices is preferred.
- Strong self-starter with a record of success.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.