Full Stack Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
EnergyPrint is a Minnesota-based corporation using energy utility data to generate macro-level business insight across buildings and portfolios.
EnergyPrint works directly with utilities to gather, input and validate data—providing an administrative solution that reduces time and engineering expense for building owners, and the professionals who serve them. We integrate our data services and web application into our customers’ businesses, powering solutions to help Find, Track & Prove energy savings and efficiency improvements in commercial buildings across the U.S., and Canada.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As the first in-house Engineer at EnergyPrint, you will be solely responsible for the implementation, testing, deployment, scalability, and maintenance of EnergyPrint’s software applications. You will be on the product team and will report to and work closely with the Senior Analyst & Product Lead to develop and execute a product roadmap aimed to delight and empower EnergyPrint’s customers with a new level of reporting value and service.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of current EnergyPrint code and schema, and how our database and front-end application work together
- Maintain and ensure best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of all EnergyPrint applications
- Diagnose and fix production problems
- Write and document efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Take ownership in shaping and delivering key features and products
- Give accurate time estimates on assigned tasks
- erform other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience or a comparable combination of education, experience and/or training in multiple programming languages
- Proven experience in relational data (SQL), preferably using MySQL
- Strong organizational, planning and communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in person, over the phone and in writing
- Experience with project management software (Trello, Jira, Monday, Teamwork, MS Project, etc)
- Knowledge of MS Office as a communication tools
To be successful at EnergyPrint, you will be:
- A quick learner, able to grasp new ideas and technologies and adapt to EnergyPrint’s evolving business model and culture
- Self-motivated with assigned workloads and display an entrepreneurial spirit towards driving the creation of new solutions
- Comfortable not always knowing the answer but always with a positive attitude, with a mindset towards effective problem-solving
- Able to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Committed to conducting themselves with integrity as a well-regarded representative of EnergyPrint
- Able to give and receive clear guidance
- Successful at working alone, and in a group environment
Compensation: $75,000 annually plus benefits. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1295 Bandana Blvd. N., Suite 119, St.Paul, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.