Full Stack Software Engineer
tl; dr - Our vibrant engineering team of 10 is looking to hire driven, curious developers with 0 – 3 years of experience to help cultivate our stack at a proven (6 years in) tech company in NE Minneapolis.
As consumers, we have plenty of ways to talk online about the service we have received but we don’t have the same friction-free ways to engage in-the-moment with real people at the businesses we visit. Kipsu provides a new way for businesses and guests to engage through real-time digital channels, transforming what it feels like to give and receive great service.
We love the work we do and how we do it. We have deliberately built an engineering team that is tight-knit, non-dogmatically agile, and embraces talented individuals who want to make a difference. We are on the lookout for a Software Engineer who shares our passion and is ready to take on the exciting and complex challenges of a rapidly growing software company. Read on if this sounds like the type of culture you would excel in!
We're hiring engineers who:
- Are proficient in full stack development and have experience writing scalable object-oriented code
- Understand how to break down complex problems into manageable pieces that can be continuously deployed to production
- Want to work together as part of a high energy, high achieving team
- Have an entrepreneurial streak or a history of working on side projects
- Want to contribute to and lead projects in areas like real-time communication, data analysis, microservices, user experience, API and SDK development, cloud infrastructure and beyond
- Working in a solid, scalable backend codebase by applying object-oriented principles using PHP, Node.js, Java, Go, or other languages and frameworks
- Utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing platforms
- Building native mobile applications for iOS or Android
- Working in the customer service domain and on customer service software
- Design and build innovative new product features, enhancements, subsystems, and microservices as part of a rapidly evolving codebase
- Find new frameworks, tools, technologies and practices, and put them to work to solve interesting problems
- Collaborate with a motivated team of peers on software design and code review to ensure that the team is always putting out the best product (and code) possible
- Work with individuals outside of engineering to develop new products and features that help our clients effortlessly communicate with their customers
We know we’re not one of the large tech companies (not yet, anyway), but we like it that way. Our engineering team can fit around a table at lunch and stay in easy, regular communication. We score a 10 on the Joel Test and are working towards getting that to a 12.
In addition to the opportunity to be a key part of a small, focused team at a successful and rapidly growing startup, we offer competitive salary and benefits, stock options, and the trust and freedom to move the proverbial needle. If you’re looking to hone your skills and learn a whole host of new ones as a valued member of our high-performing team, then we’d like to meet you.