Full Stack Software Engineer
Who you are:
You desire to be a professional Software Engineer and have a goal to find a position on a technology team focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application. As a Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will work on implementing stories, bug fixes, unit tests, and general R&D with minimal oversight. You bring to the table a broad understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. You will work on a scrum team, collaborating with our Tech Leads, Product Owners and other talented Engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
In addition to the above you possess a number of desirable traits including:
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a good communicator (written and verbal)
- You are enthusiastic about working in a team, and have great people skills
- A passion for learning technologies and applying them to the right projects will make you successful in this position.
Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies: Large scale, highly available, public-facing websites built in React/Angular/Angular2 and leveraging tools like Puppet, Pug, Grunt and NPM to make things automated and repeatable. Our Java/Scala/Kotlin-based REST API is built on Spring Boot and Hibernate which serves traffic to both web and mobile consumers. We’re using a combination of Mongo, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Redis. Redis, specifically, is used extensively in a distributed locking system, responsible for supporting real-time data processing. All of this uses Amazon Web Services extensively for stability and high availability.
We practice Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using TeamCity; as a result we have continual smaller releases to our environments (Development, QA, Staging, Production), with integrated unit tests and code coverage analysis while eliminating the risk taken on with only a few large releases/product updates.
What you bring to the team:
- In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science or similar
- 4 or more years of practical experience working as a software developer
- Object-Oriented development skills
- Grasp of modern (RESTful) web applications
- Knowledge of Java or similar language dev skills
- Knowledge of SQL; PostgreSQL is a plus
- Knowledge of common front end technologies such as React, Pug, Bower/NPM, Grunt, Angular, etc.
- Basic Unit Testing experience
- Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge of Scrum tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Git with pull requests in a team environment
- TCP/IP basics
- Understanding of Continuous Integration / Delivery method experience (i.e. Teamcity, Jenkins, etc.)
What makes you stand out:
- Spring or Spring Boot
- Cassandra / Redis
- Terraform / Puppet / Ansible
- Security Competencies: Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
920 2nd Avenue South Suite 1000, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.