Information Technology Specialist 4
Join the 2,000+ professionals who are bringing strategic vision to state government as part of Minnesota's information technology agency. Work for Minnesota IT Services and be part of a cutting-edge organization that is emerging as a national leader in government IT. Our culture promotes collaboration, demands continuous improvement and encourages innovation in IT delivery. Be a part of something bigger than yourself, something to be inspired by; come to work for Minnesota IT Services.
- Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 4
- Working Title: Application Developer
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 05/23/2019
- Closing Date: 06/06/2019
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Central
- vWork Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $30.08 - $49.62 /hourly; $62,807 - $103,607 /annually
- Job Class Option: Application
- Classified Status: Classified
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
: Job Summary As an Application Developer for Minnesota IT Services (MNIT), you will provide your expertise in developing and deploying enterprise solutions including responsive web applications, web services, and data products for the Minnesota Geospatial Information Office (MnGeo) and its customers using a wide variety of platforms and frameworks including .NET, Angular and Postgres.
This position is responsible for contributing to a functional library of enterprise applications, services and databases along with maintaining and administering enterprise applications, services and databases, as well as maintaining and administering enterprise software and solutions. Responsibilities related to all aspects of the application development lifecycle including source code management, testing and deployment.
This position serves as a lead worker to other staff in MnGeo. Qualifications:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
- Position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience with application development that includes:
- Full stack web application development using ASP.NET Core and modern frontend frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Web server configuration experience (ex: IIS, Apache)
- Experience developing application data models using relational databases management systems (ex: PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server)
- Scripting experience
- *A Master's degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three years of experience, OR related Bachelor's degree substitutes for two years, OR related Associate's degree substitutes for one year.
- **Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification**
- It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
**Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency in application development with Angular; Experience developing RESTful web APIs; Experience with MVVM; Experience developing secure applications that use JSON web tokens; Project management experience; Knowledge and understanding of GIS capabilities; Public presentation skills sufficient to represent MnGeo capabilities to a wide audience of diverse professionals and technical staff; Ability to write clear, concise reports, promotional material, and documentation; Ability to lead MnGeo GIS staff in completing major projects, develop enterprise solutions and solving technical problems
Application Details - Why Work For Us:
Minnesota IT Services offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, defined benefit pension plan, tax-deferred compensation plan (457), generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. In addition, at the management’s discretion, Minnesota IT Services offers flexible work scheduling, telework options, mentorship opportunities, employee recognition and reward programs, and paid training and development. Join Minnesota IT Services now and stay for a career!
How to Apply - This vacancy is open for all qualified applicants. Contractual obligations will be considered prior to filling the position via other means. Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. To be considered for any Veteran’s Status, you MUST indicate this on your application.
RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERANS (RSV): Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five RSV applicants who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy shall be granted an interview. To qualify, you must meet the following: 1) have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; 2) have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty or have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty; 3) be a United States citizen or resident alien; and 4) have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your DD-214 form. To be considered under this legislation, you must: 1) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; 2) meet all of the above RSV criteria; and 3) submit a copy of your DD-214 form by the closing date to: MNIT.Recruitment@state.mn.us. Failure to submit your DD-214 form will affect your consideration for an interview under this legislation.
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if you: 1) meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation by the closing date to: MNIT.Recruitment@state.mn.us.
Contact - If you have questions about the position, contact Jenny Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Minnesota IT Services is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. Minnesota IT Services recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
It is the policy of Minnesota IT Services to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need. To request an accommodation for an interview, please contact Jenny Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.