IT Manager - Network Services
Come for the opportunity, stay for the culture! Edina Realty is seeking the following position:
The IT manager – network services, implements and supports technology initiatives for the company and manages technical network infrastructure and telecommunications staff and resources. Works closely with executive management in defining and articulating the organization’s information technology objectives. Responsible for ensuring network function and security.
- Manage network and telecommunications activities and resources:
- Direct network and telecommunications activities to ensure successful maintenance and improvement of company information technology systems.
- Manage department staff and consultants. Recruit, select, train, develop, evaluate, motivate and retain staff for the successful performance of the department and achievement of company objectives.
- Participate in department activities and serve as expert resource to resolve complex issues.
- Act as project manager for network and telecommunications initiatives. Develop, plan, direct and implement projects to achieve business goals relative to profitability, cost control, and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of company business operations to assist in meeting the information needs of the company. Provide alternatives and solutions to business problems through technical knowledge and practical experience. Keep abreast of new technological developments through literature, training, and networking, and introduce to company when cost/benefit warrants.
- Recommend, establish and implement information systems-related policies, procedures, and standards. Oversee disaster recovery and avoidance plan and establish internal and external information security controls.
- Provide information, analysis and recommendations to support and manage the department operating budget.
- Evaluate, select and negotiate vendor responses and contracts. Ensure contractual compliance, approve billing, monitor and evaluate ongoing performance of vendors.
- Perform other duties as requested or as needed to fulfill the purpose of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge. Experience:
- 8-10 years of diverse information technology experience.
- 3+ years of management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Extensive knowledge of network and telecommunications theory and systems. Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed to complete projects or resolve problems.
Edina Realty employees enjoy a supportive, fun and flexible work environment that values innovation, creativity and new ideas. Management and leadership are accessible and encourage input from employees.
Employees working 30 or more hours per week receive many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision and life insurance
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Incentive plan
- Discount programs
After more than 60 years, Edina Realty Home Services continues to uphold the core values of honesty, integrity and commitment set by founder Emma Rovick in 1955.
The positive and enjoyable work atmosphere contributes to high employee retention across our family of companies. In fact, 55 percent of employees have been with the company at least five years. We think Edina Realty Home Services is a great place to work, but you don’t have to take our word for it. We have consistently been named a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace.