ITS Project Manager
Responsible for all project phases (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor & Control and Close) to deliver accurate and consistent Information Technology Services projects.
- Lead the successful delivery of projects associated with the support and expansion of Bethel Universities Information Technology Services organization through:
- Creating and partnering with key partners in ITS and the university.
- Developing and implementing business operations, practices, policies and procedures relevant to ITS and/or Bethel University departments.
- Creating and documenting key business indicators and critical business issues resolutions.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to other projects, project managers and key business partners in order to drive maturity, accuracy and consistency of PM practices, and increasing overall maturity and ultimately improving predictability of project outcomes. This includes supporting a culture of planning throughout Bethel University.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly execute and deliver projects on time and on budget using all project phases (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor and Control and Close), project processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with successfully implementing change into an organization and/or workgroup.
- Proficient with Project Management tools (e.g. software, templates, facilitation).
- Experience working with 3rd party providers and vendors preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to create collaborative, strong partnerships.
- Must be a proven self-starter, be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be detail-oriented and have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple duties.
- Must be able to balance several ongoing projects and prioritize tasks.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and able to respond to requests proactively and respectfully.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in project management environment and/or relevant consulting experience. PMP certification preferred, but not required Education: Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent
St. Paul, Minnesota