Junior PHP Developer
We’re looking for a self motivated software developer who works well in an agile team environment. This role is primarily supporting and expanding our existing Magento 1.x ecommerce platform and supporting a replatforming effort later in the year. An ideal candidate has a strong base in php and is passionate about learning new web technologies.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Self-motivated and able to manage time well
- Communicate effectively with teams across various jobs and departments
- Writing code, testing, debugging software applications
- Implement front-end interfaces from design mockups
- Explore, create and develop ways to improve the business
- Collaborate with the business functions to understand business requirements and translate technical solutions
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1-2 years equivalent work experience. Passionate about solving problems using technology.
- Understand, conceptualize and collaborate on web platforms-- from both a technical/programming perspective and a business perspective
- Experience with Magento or other php ecommerce platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take a design mockup of a webpage and transform it into a functional page
- Collaborate with designers and business users to tailor code to fit their use cases
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks and assignments simultaneously, often with conflicting and/or competing deadlines
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of server side processes and programming
2 year technical degree in software programming, information technology, or related, or equivalent work experience.
Northern Brewer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.