Junior Software Engineer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Do you want to work for a highly respected organization that values your contributions? Use your development experience to help support the health of the nation's economy!
The Information Technology Applications Development Group at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is looking for a .Net Software Engineer to work in an Agile delivery team, supporting a diverse portfolio of applications. The team works closely with business partners to build and support applications for several key businesses in the organization.
Key Aspects Of This Role Include:
- Development within an agile team using Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP) techniques to deliver high quality solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with business partners and a cross functional team
- Integration, configuration and customization of vendor purchased solutions
- Provides production support of current applications and collaborates with other developers in order to mature process and reduce technical debt.
- Collaborates with business areas to develop a thorough understanding of business processes, identify application development solutions, enhance new or existing applications, integrate purchased or System solutions to meet business requirements.
- Documents, analyzes and resolves problems, tests, implements, provides on-going support and assists in responding to audit reviews and findings for existing applications/software.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends application programming solutions, identifies ways to reuse existing code, and designs prototypes using current or emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; major or coursework in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) is preferred.
- Self-Motivated; strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in application development using current technology trends and architectural development solutions and project experience using system development life cycle and project management principals preferred.
- Experience With The Following Technologies Is Preferred
- C# .NET framework
- ASP.Net MVC
- Component libraries (Bootstrap, Angular, jQuery)
- SQL database design
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Object-oriented programming
- Experience with responsive, mobile-first projects
- Experience with cloud development
- Experience supporting SaaS Solutions
- Experience with UI/UX techniques
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.