Lead Java Developer
The Lead Java Developer will be a part of building out applications and leading junior developers to help support the mission of strengthening access to and delivery of medical services nationally. This person will round out our development team, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices.
Do you have the following?
- 8+ years of experience in design, development, & production support for projects using Java / Spring development and working with existing architecture of a large and complex system
- Understanding and experience with Microservices architecture and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience work with the project manager in the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Experience documenting technical design as well as other technical documents based on project’s compliance requirements
- Experience working and coordinate with key owners and stakeholders
- Experience providing technical oversight for a development team
- Participate in and encourage interactive discussion during technical design and code reviews
- Mentor junior team members
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with supporting federal security requirements for enterprise applications
- Experience with migrating to cloud environment like AWS
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites
- Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger
- Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, Gulp, and Bower
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].