Lead Modeling & Simulation Engineer
This Lead Engineer will apply experimental and computational methods to develop quiet and reliable Transport HVAC product designs. The successful candidate will be responsible for product design evaluation and optimization, as well as technology development, in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). Potential focus areas include numerous air and refrigerant flow devices including fans, compressors, heat exchangers, and mechanism of various types. Work closely with various product and technology development teams, and with global engineering support center personnel around the globe.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
- Support and carry out the advancement and growth of the Modeling and Simulation Team, as well as the Sound and Vibration Laboratory. The scope encompasses technology in both computational and experimental tools and methodologies applicable to Transport HVAC products.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, execution and delivery of assigned CFD projects.
- Plan, conduct, and supervise various CFD related tests such as wind tunnel test, PIV, temperature, air and refrigerant flow measurements.
- Develop and apply computational models for fluid flow, responsible for continuous development of CFD Technology and method, as well as software and computational systems evaluation.
- Promote simulation-based design development, through active engagement and collaboration with the global team of colleagues and customers.
- Work closely with product engineers and test technicians. Responsibilities include understanding and prioritizing test requests, designing and proposing the appropriate test, discussing and supervising test implementations, assuring the validity of the data and its interpretation, and documenting the work in formal reports.
- Act as a member of the various product and technology development teams to design reliable and quiet products.
- Support and successfully accomplish annual corporate objectives for individuals and teams. Effectively utilize personal project management techniques and utilize the available technical skills and resources necessary for success. Be a strong team player.
- Work closely and mentor other engineering resources globally.
- Act as a representative to promote the concepts of structural reliability, acoustics, and fluid flow design and how they relate to product designs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's Degree in Fluid Dynamics Engineering (or closely related field) and at least 8 years relevant experience, with demonstrated product design development and project management expertise required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS or KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of expertise in CFD software and data processing tools. Experience with CFX, and secondarily Fluent, is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in structural integrity, vibration, and acoustic simulation and test methods are strongly preferred.
- Formal coursework in heat transfer and fluid dynamic.
- Familiar with durability testing, noise and vibration engineering, or closely related field.
- Knowledge in the design, testing, and optimization for durability, reliability, sound, vibration and/or flow characteristics of machinery are preferred.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills required.
- Must be able to work on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Transport HVAC products, engines, fans and compressors preferred.