The Operations Lead works across the organization to create and execute the operational systems that drive the success of BETA programming such as our startup cohorts, events, and Twin Cities Startup Week. The operations lead takes direction from the Executive Director and collaborates with our founders, partners, and sponsors to create an amazing experience for the Minnesota startup community and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs in Minnesota.
The most important characteristic of the BETA team is that we always put founders first. Every decision is made through the lens of supporting our founders and inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs. We work quickly and efficiently to execute on our team goals, and don’t let perfection get in the way of completion. We always do the right thing for our founders, partners, and community, and take time to enjoy the ride with the people we get to work with.
BETA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is “helping Minnesota tech founders succeed.” To fulfill this mission, BETA runs a series of founder-first programs and Twin Cities Startup Week. Both properties have experienced dramatic growth over the past five years, and now require the next generation of team members to ensure their continued success.
Provide an excellent cohort experience to our founders by managing the logistics, communications, and reporting of the cohort program, while achieving an NPS score ≥50.
- Create and manage efficient systems that help us attract and select the best startups for our cohorts based on program criteria.
- Manage curriculum logistics to ensure BETA founders and partners have clear expectations and direction to get the most out of the BETA cohort.
- Coordinate onboarding, offboarding, and facilities management so that BETA founders feel well cared for and the WeWork staff enjoys working with our team.
- Proactively communicate with cohort participants to ensure they’re informed and engaged in the program.
Support, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs in the community by managing the operations of high-quality BETA events.
- Manage vendor relationships and expectations to execute high-quality events, while staying within budget.
- Coordinate volunteer support to ensure events are well-staffed and well-executed.
- Lead communications across various stakeholder groups to ensure that event organizers are informed and have clear directions.
- Manage event logistics from the planning stage through day-of execution to ensure that we meet our event goals.
Inspire the next generation of Minnesota entrepreneurs and attract top talent to the Twin Cities by supporting the operations of Twin Cities Startup Week.
- Manage the volunteer program from recruiting volunteers, managing the volunteer database, and deploying volunteers to ensure that TCSW signature events are fully supported and provide an excellent experience to our attendees.
- Support the TCSW Program Lead when needed to ensure that we meet our goals.
- Maintain records of systems improvements to support operations for the following year to decrease planning time so that we can focus on program improvements.
- Help BETA scale and meet its long-term goals by continuously improving the operations and systems of the organization.
- Use cohort participant feedback to continuously improve the cohort experience to ensure that we are providing the highest quality experience possible.
- Coordinate all BETA internal events to fulfill our organization’s value of having fun together and not taking ourselves too seriously.
Key Competencies, Skills, or Abilities:
- Build effective systems and scale them across the BETA organization.
- Seek, create, and confirm role, project, and goal clarity when unsure.
- Execute with autonomy based on clear organizational, program & projects vision/goals.
- Excellent organizational skills that you use to keep the BETA team on track to reach its goals.
- Simultaneously manage multiple events and projects in different phases.
- Event logistics management and team orchestration.
- Creatively approach challenges with a growth-mindset and potential solutions.
- Continuously and appropriately innovate all programs, processes, and experiences that impact Beta's mission.
- Excellent written and in-person communicator and enjoy giving clear directions to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed, which may include occasional weekends and evenings.
Experience - Required:
- 3+ years of experience in project or event management (can include university experience).
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience.
- Coordinating various stakeholders to achieve a goal.
Experience - Nice to have:
- Experience in event planning and event logistics.
- Budget management and negotiations.
- Team management.
- Systems implementation and improvement.
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital.
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].