Oracle Database Administrator
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video, Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
This role is responsible for migrating data on customer upgrades (Oracle Data Pump), configuring Oracle High Availability (Data Guard – Fast Start Failover), Oracle database administration in a Linux environment, Performing ETL operations and loading customer’s data into the Spok database (sqlldr, SQL, PL/SQL), trouble shooting and assisting Support with database issues, HL7 – ADT patient feed installation and troubleshooting, Database Interfaces, configuring Linux services that pertain to DBS related activities (knowledge of bash, vi, mailx, iptables, sftp, etc.), and general database duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Database Administration (DBA) (19-178):
- Configurations of SQL/Oracle products (Data Guard, Fast Start Failover).
- Assisting Support with database issues and database switchovers/failovers.
- Researching new SQL/Oracle products and how they integrate with Spok products.
Loading Customer Data:
- Migration data from old application to new environment (Data Pump).
- During the implementation or upgrade process the DBA will load the customer data in the Spok schema.
- This also includes developing or installing any customer data interfaces (sqlldr, SQL, PL/SQL).
- Works with customers when dealing with database and data related issues.
- Explaining our database functionality and coordinating database and data projects.
- Communicates with various Spok departments regarding their roles and performance requirements.
- Directs and performs follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
Documentation: Creates and maintains process, standards, upgrade documentation, failover documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a college or university and 2 years’ experience or Master’s degree; or a Technical Degree and 4 years of comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer Science preferred.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience in SQL or Oracle 11g and 12c database experience
- Experience as a DBA
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Experience in ETL operations and data integrations between various systems
- Knowledge of Data Pump Export & Import
- Knowledge of Functions, Procedures and Triggers
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery procedures, Database Switchovers (RMAN, Data Guard, Fast Start Failover)
- Linux Shell Scripting (Bash, and Vi)
- Database Performance Tuning
- Understanding of Oracle Network
- Understanding of new system implementation and installation processes
- HL7 – ADT Patient feed experience
- Medical Institution experience
- Customer Service oriented. Prior experience in computer terminology and practices
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team. Able to maintain a pleasant manner in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Willing to identify, own, and solve problems independently and as part of a team. Strives to become a self-directed, productive team member, serving as a positive agent of change
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of current, new and proposed product features
- Oracle Certification a plus
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Eden Prairie, MN
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.