Principal Controls Engineer
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world.
We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car, Ingersoll Rand, Thermo King, Trane, American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Principal Controls Engineer will work as a leader within the Global Control Systems Center of Excellence supporting transport refrigeration. This role will support the execution of complex embedded controls development projects, working with the hardware, software, software test, and algorithm engineering functions.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Lead development and creation of control algorithms that provide superior performance, reliability and diagnostics.
- Support system and sub-system level testing to insure control system behavior meets implicit and explicit requirements. Review and analyze system test data.
- Execute modeling & simulation, rapid experiments and concept validation testing.
- Advance control system modeling, analysis, and verification & validation efforts.
- Drive project execution and achieve project milestones.
- Play a significant role in all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests).
- Coach and mentor lesser experienced engineers.
- Collaborate with product management and system integration teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least 15 years controls, electronics or systems engineering experience is required.
- Experience leading design, development, test & integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems.
- Experience in refrigeration technology, vapor compression, refrigeration systems and/or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills.
- Experience with model based design process and modeling/simulation is required. Proficiency with Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, or Dymola beneficial.
- Ability to program or learn programming languages such as Python, C, C++ is required.
- Experience with model-in-the-loop, software-in-the-loop or hardware-in-the-loop is strongly desired.
- Experience with in-application testing is required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.