ModuleQ is a funded, early-stage startup on a mission to amplify the creativity of people and their organizations through applied artificial intelligence. Our people-centric platform uses AI data fusion technology like that used in self-driving cars to equip knowledge workers with relevant information in real time. Help us build and deliver an enterprise-grade solution to some of the world's largest and most respected professional services companies.
As Principal Engineer, you’ll build a proactive knowledge delivery service that anticipates a user’s needs by understanding their work trends and priorities. You’ll be a leading contributor to our feature development. You’re comfortable working independently as well as supporting other team members. You’ll bring technical insights into how to refine and improve the system; ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience. You’re pragmatic, tenacious, and comfortable with ambiguity.
Major challenges you will help us overcome include: transforming AI prototypes into production-ready machine learning systems; optimizing and integrating heterogeneous data flows through our system, from acquisition to end user delivery; customer deployment and integration strategy through Microsoft Azure; and improving scalability and robustness to handle demands of large enterprise customers.
You’ll thrive if you:
- Love innovation, experimentation, and learning from failure
- Adapt to changing business requirements and work in an agile environment
- Enjoy collaborating with teammates to enhance their productivity along with your own
- Want to help build a high-performing and collegial engineering team, in which you'll have freedom to shape your evolving role
- Enjoy code reviews and care about maintaining and improving quality standards, especially for server-side Python
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Engineer, test, and deliver features that drive user value
- Define and drive architectural changes in the product to promote stability, performance, and modularity
- Identify and drive adoption of new and standard technologies
- Consult and coach engineers on development best practices and coding standards
You have practical experience with:
- Asynchronous programming in Python
- Agile methodologies, DevOps, Continuous integration and test driven development
- Deployment on Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Scalable data pipelines, distributed message queues, and publish-subscribe architectures
- Schema development, migrations, and management for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Architecting modular services
- Source control using Git and the GitFlow branching model
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or similar
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience with Python development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a global team operating in multiple time zones
ModuleQ is a mission-driven organization. We're seeking people who share our values:
- We make our customers more successful
- We manage corporate growth to support personal growth
- We treat each other with respect
- We use good judgement
- We act with the utmost integrity