The Product Manager demonstrates deep understanding of markets and buyers in order to devise and lead a product’s development strategy. As a PM at Ascentis, you must have an expert understanding of the product’s buying audiences and needs and often act as a subject matter expert (SME) who transfers knowledge about markets, buyers and product capabilities across marketing and sales functions. Centered around our cultural norms, you will relentlessly deliver on commitments and collaborate fearlessly to support aggressive revenue growth targets for Ascentis in the $18 billion HCM software industry.
What are the general responsibilities of the position?
- Conduct market and customer research to understand buyer audience and develop user personas and define customer problems and goals around our product space.
- Perform market segmentation and targeting exercises to identify the segments most likely to buy.
- Write and communicate a set of requirements that can be developed to meet the needs of those likely to buy
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence and others to manage execution during the development process and participate as a key team-member during development sprints.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging.
- Manage launch planning and execution of commercial releases.
- Create sales enablement materials that may include case studies, product sheets and collateral, training and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Collaborate with marketing to create and deliver content and to customers and prospects via media such as corporate web site, electronic brochures, promotional letters, emails, regional workshops, webinars, blogs and press.
- Serve as market-facing-SME/thought leader for the product and interface with analysts.
- Monitor and report on market reception of products.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of working experience in product management, preferably in enterprise software
- Previous experience in sales preferable
- Related market/industry experience preferable
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities?
- Ability to create clear value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to conduct win loss interviews and evaluate pipeline data to detect deficiencies and opportunities in product, sales and marketing approach
- Strong writing, verbal communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Comprehends and interprets complex concepts along with solid decision-making skills in the face of imperfect data
- Project management experience with proven ability to drive projects to completion on time and within budget
- Concentrate, analyze and resolve complex problems
- Entrepreneurial thinker that effectively collaborates with teammates and colleagues in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Moderate travel required to Ascentis locations, clients, and industry events
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].