ENGIE Insight, formerly Ecova, partners with multi-site businesses that aim to thrive in a sustainable world. With a foundation of accurate and comprehensive resource data – including energy, water, waste and telecom – we apply technology and people expertise to lower costs, drive efficiencies and reduce environmental impact. More than 1,000 customers, including 25%+ of the Fortune 500, turn to ENGIE Insight to help move their sustainable resource management initiatives forward.
ENGIE Insight’s people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we invite you to join ENGIE Insight.
The Product Manager – Energy Supply will develop and execute product strategies for software and services that help Enterprise clients minimize costs, volatility, and emissions of their Energy Supply.
Product strategy, road map generation & business strategy for software and services capabilities:
- Tracks, evaluates and communicates product performance against corporate objectives
- Provides business case development for product development investment priorities
- Defines detailed software and feature requirements and works with engineering to find the best solutions.
- Coordinates across departments to ensure collaboration and timely execution of product roadmap.
Product lifecycle management:
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end development of product strategies and executing across cross-functional teams and into the market
- Works with engineering to manage the release of product from inception through adoption
- Manages the release planning process, project vision, feature prioritization, product requirements and ongoing product roadmap
- Aids in the ongoing market sensing activities that employ Voice of the Customer initiatives, competitive analysis, including internal R&D with internal users and stakeholders.
Product marketing and sales enablement:
- Responsible for working with Product Marketing to evaluate and execute product evangelization programs via collateral, sales tools, training materials and other marketing tools
- Develops product level messaging and feature/benefit statements
Financial planning and management:
- Provides financial planning and P&L support through the development of high level business plans and business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
- Assists in tracking and management of budgeted and forecasted revenue, delivery costs, and product line margin
- Contributes to the development of pricing strategies and manages pricing to support company financial goals
People Management: -May manage 1-2 product owners, dedicated to product line development team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Environmental Science / Computer Science or 5 years in technology with business degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in software product management
- 5 years of experience in commercial software,
- 2-3 years in leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs. Strong understanding of software development lifecycles required. Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum a bonus.
- Involvement in some, if not all, aspects of product launches, e.g., development of messaging and positioning, internal and external communications planning, testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into viable products or business solutions, including experience guiding or personally conducting and analyzing market research for product planning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, and generalize solutions A data-driven approach to solving problems but a comfort with uncertainty when that data is missing
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Ability to manage people with empathy, clarity and vision
ENGIE Insight Information: Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Insight is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.