REMOTE: Sr. Data Engineer
Flexion is seeking a Fully Remote Data Engineer to join our Flexion team to support a large agile health IT program in the Maryland/Virginia/Washington DC area. Hybrid of client onsite and remote work. The team’s mission is to improve the program in the areas of security, reliability, and efficiency.
We are looking for engineers with strong application design and development skills. In this role you must possess excellent problem-solving skills and deep technical knowledge with a strong aptitude for appreciating the focus, scope, and impact of your work in a much wider and forward-looking software landscape. You should also be able to demonstrate a history of technical leadership, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
You will collaborate with team members to develop tools that support several product development teams. Although you are a member of the cloud services team, you will work directly with two or three product development teams as an “Embedded Liaison”. About half of your time will be spent with your teams as a Liaison, while the other half is spent working with the cloud services team to build tools and solutions.
Finally, the cloud services team provides expert troubleshooting services, and we are engaged by the primary support teams as a diagnostic experts to help reduce the severity and duration of significant incidents, and to understand and document incident root causes.
Embedded Liaisons are infrastructure and automation experts that serve as ambassadors, directly connecting product teams to the cloud services team. You will interact directly with your product teams every day. For the cloud services team, you are our eyes and ears on the ground, conducting invaluable user research. For the product teams, you socialize and coach cloud services tools, solutions, and services.
- Build and automate healthcare data warehouse and processes for loading and distributing data.
- Engage with Engineers and Analysts to create data sets used to inform beneficiaries of ways to improve their health and healthcare.
- Communicate with stakeholders to develop a secure and performant data system.
- Work with Engineers and Analysts to transform data sets for ingestion by multiple beneficiary-facing tools
- Experience with AWS technologies including Lambda, Athena, S3, SSM, KMS, SQS, ECS, ECR, ELB, ALB, API Gateway and others.
- Experience optimizing data access using technologies like Parquet, ORC, or Avro.
- Experience developing software to manage large datasets and changesets.
- Python development experience
- Experience with and understanding of AWS Security best practices
- Strong communication skills, both vertically and laterally
- Five years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with cloud-native architecture including containerization, microservices, and serverless computing.
- Experience with Healthcare data and procedures.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, Monitor and logging tools such as Jenkins, New Relic, and Splunk.
- Experience building, deploying and managing custom software in AWS.
- Experience using relational databases for analytics.
- Knowledge of Terraform, and Serverless, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Experience working with Medicare data
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to create effective user stories from customer feedback
- Speak openly and honestly about problems and proposed solutions
- Apply an attitude of servant leadership in a technical leadership role
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate in small groups online about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].