Ruby on Rails Developer
Join Drip as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe.
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an E-commerce CRM designed for digital marketers who want to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. E-commerce marketers around the world are starting to see their customers in full color with Drip features like comprehensive tracking, hyper-segmentation, and robust email marketing automation. They’re graduating from typical email platforms, bloated CRMs, or overhyped marketing automation tools, and becoming more successful with Drip.
Are you interested in contributing to a customer-obsessed, high-performing, passionate team? Are you driven by creating innovative products that change the way businesses grow and the way email works? Then join us at Drip!
As a Ruby on Rails Developer with Drip, you’ll work on a small product team within a gorgeous Rails codebase, helping to design, develop, and ship production features that are used by thousands of customers worldwide. This position will focus on application development within a SaaS environment using cutting-edge tools and tech. You will consistently tackle interesting problems, discover new challenges, collaborate cross-departmentally and thrive in a learning ecosystem.
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Building and deploying a production feature in your first week
- Working with a front-end developer to optimize the performance of existing features
- Writing unit tests for your code in order to maintain our current 92% test coverage (we have 2.5 lines of tests for every line of production code!). This is a true test-driven environment
- Working independently AND on a team to tackle interesting problems, along with the time to solve them correctly
- Building your legacy in a gorgeous production SaaS app that is used on thousands of production websites
- Working directly with two SaaS co-founders on a highly-effective software team
We place a high preference on Rails Developers who have:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional, full-time Rails experience
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and Rails 5
- Solid experience with modern unit testing practices and are well versed in TDD/BDD environments
- An ability to both understand and design complex architectures that scale
- Experience building web applications that serve hundreds of thousands of users
Huge plus if you have experience with the following but it is not required:
Who you are:
In addition to the above, you…
- Are extremely detail-oriented - this isn’t just a sound-bite for you, it's one (of many!) of your genuine qualities
- Are not only well-versed technically, but you are thorough in thought and process
- Love those "ah-ha!" moments when you've found a solution to a tricky problem
- Thrive on helping others and making sure that things are working properly
- Know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it
- Aren't bashful to admit when you don't know something and will jump in and learn it! You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up
Who we are:
We are a successful and well-funded early-stage tech company with locations in downtown Minneapolis and on the outskirts of Park City, Utah (15 minutes from Salt Lake). Our leadership has great technology and eCommerce experience from companies including Amazon, Backcountry.com, Houzz, and Vegas.com.
We consider working for a successful startup to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, here’s what we’ll bring in return:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- Fringe benefits by location - may mean team baseball games in Minneapolis, or powder days when it snows in Utah.
- A flexible schedule
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis or Salt Lake area Utah is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!