Ruby On Rails Full-Stack Developer
We provide digital accessibility audits, developer support and monitoring for companies large and small. Our diverse team brings a breadth of experience in accessibility, web development, marketing, sales and technology that is focused on making websites and mobile apps more accessible for all people.
We are looking for a mid-level Ruby on Rails developer to help us continue to build out our project and issue management system. This system is used internally by A360, and by hundreds of our business customers. The system also includes a Knowledge Base, integrated Help Desk, Crawling, Accessibility Scanning and more, which makes for a diverse set of work. We use Rails 5 on Heroku and Vue.js for some of the real-time components required. All development output must be fully accessible.
Day-to-day you will work with the CTO and other Rails developers to continue to expand our offerings. You will have a significant amount of autonomy on the features and components you'll be working on. You will also have a large impact on the overall direction of our solution. Some of our current work includes designing and building a Jira integration with a generic adapter interface, creating accessible, exportable PDFs (few PDFs and fewer actual engines are accessible) and automating reporting to our customers on a regular interval.
- Develop solid, testable, gimmick-free Rails and JS code
- Contribute to prioritizing feature sets
- Contribute to overall vision of the solution
- Share your development knowledge with our auditors and other technical staff
- Write technical and customer facing documentation when needed
- Create and update issues as they arise in Github
- Be a creative, curious and passionate part of our culture
The following are the requirements for this position:
- 2+ years full-stack Rails development experience
- Ability and desire to share your knowledge with other developers and A360 staff
- Ability to speak and write to both a technical and non-technical audience
The following items are desirable, but not required:
- Experience with Vue.js or similar
- An understanding of web-based accessibility issues
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android, React Native, etc.)
- Screen reader and other assistive technology experience
- Experience with universal design
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].