Sales Development Rep
Kipsu is seeking a high energy Sales Development Representative (which we internally call a Market Development Representative). Seize the opportunity to accelerate our growth by generating qualified leads and working with our sales reps to cultivate these leads into customer partners.
As consumers, we have plenty of ways to talk online about the service we have received but we don’t have the same friction-free ways to engage in-the-moment with real people at the businesses we visit. Kipsu provides a new way for businesses and guests to engage through real-time digital channels, transforming what it feels like to give and receive great service.
As an Sales Development Representative (which we internally call a Market Development Representative), your responsibilities will include:
- Generating warm leads through a variety of channels including email, phone, social and in person
- Performing research on prospects and developing tailored communication to generate interest
- Understanding and clearly communicating Kipsu’s core functionality and benefits from a high level and technical perspective
- Recommending and initiating new and creative ways to increase the amount of quality leads generated
- Working with our sales team to continuously improve our sales process by testing and implementing new software tools, strategic partnerships or methods you’ve used in a prior sales role
- Achieving weekly and monthly quotas of leads generated to maintain pipeline growth
- Recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Keeping your team informed on progress by submitting activity reports, such as campaign response rates, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Working with a team of other representative to collaborate on methodologies and help each other become successful
- Jumping “outside of your lane” to help out with other projects from time-to-time
- Enjoying a casual Friday afternoon happy hour to celebrate the week with the all-star team that helped one another get there
We are seeking talented individuals who are:
- High energy, high achieving, professional, and ready to come in every day and make waves
- Knowledgeable and passionate about working in the startup space
- Open to the occasional game of kickball (or giant Jenga!) and fun-spirited office banter to recharge the batteries
- The kind of person who enjoys going deep on a topic and getting to know an industry
- Someone who knows what they want and aren’t afraid to go after it
- More interested in building a company that will redefine an industry than punching a clock
- A demonstrated capacity to collaborate
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Prior sales experience a plus but not required
- Desire to learn and develop within the software (SaaS) space
- Experience in a startup company or demonstrated initiative
- Willing and eager to constantly test and improve everyday
One last thing– At Kipsu, we believe that our values, success, and future as a leader in our industry require a vibrant and diverse workforce. This is one of the many challenges we seek to solve, and we are intentional and active in recruiting talent that comes from all walks of life and building an environment that is inclusive to all backgrounds. We need your contribution to our team. Please, consider rolling up your sleeves and joining us on our journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter. Please tell us about a difficult accomplishment that you're proud of. Also, it would be great to hear about why this opportunity and Kipsu excites you!