Why is this role important?
This Agile Scrum Master will have the opportunity to work closely with 3 product teams in a fast-paced, start-up environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. The main mission of this role is to drive teams to execute on strategy as effectively and efficiently as possible. By working to ensure the thorough planning and complete execution of each sprint, this position will play a key role on our growing team. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and facilitate product chartering, story mapping, sprint/release planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, and demos
- Drive team productivity by assuming the Scrum Master role for three teams
- Ensure that teams are effectively executing against the highest value priorities
- Drive activity and remove roadblocks to move along the strategic roadmap
- Plan and execute workshops/process steps and tollgates for Discovery pipeline
- Coordinate a mix of teams in the US and offshore
- Enable the product team to meet sprint goals by helping to remove roadblocks
- Foster and coach the team for adoption of Agile tools and practices
- Establish and track productivity and efficiency metrics
- Provide visibility into progress by maintaining backlog, burndown charts, velocity analysis, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master (or equivalent experience) working in an Agile environment managing product or program digital initiatives demonstrating effective coordination of engineering, design/UX, and marketing stakeholders
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices with automated testing
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
- Work experience in a product environment
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].