The Scrum Master (SM) drives product enhancements through the direction of several Agile teams of cross functional development staff. The SM ensures teams are high preforming and address pressing concerns which improves IDS products and customer deliverables. The SM mentors and coaches all stakeholders on the Agile process. Drives interactions over processes and tools to promote effective communication between development team, SM and PO.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Directs multiple Agile teams simultaneously driving high performance and effective results.
- Manages, tracks and monitors each team’s progress. Facilitates scrum events to include sprint planning, daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint demo, and retrospective ensuring problems encountered surface.
- Removes impediments and other risks adversely impacting team efficiency. Ensures coordination of teams’ progress when working on mutual deadlines.
- Coaches and guides teams, and others, on effective Agile practices and scrum framework methodology. Promotes continuous improvement by frequent reflections.
- Collaborates with product owners ensuring backlogs are ready for the next sprint providing opportunities for additional skillset development. Regularly communicates with product owners on teams’ progress, escalation needs, roadblocks and delivery.
- Collaborates with other scrum masters increasing the effectiveness of agile teams throughout IDS.
- Records teams progress using IDS systems and presents to stakeholders as requested
Travel Expectations - may require some travel locally for training
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology project management within a software development company
- Experience working within an Agile environment, as a Scrum Master
- Working knowledge of scrum framework and Agile practices
- Working knowledge of Scrum Board management via tools to include JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated facilitation skills, situational awareness, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with groups possessing diverse skillsets/disciplines and apply the appropriate level of training motivation to achieve results
- Knowledgeable user of MS computer software including excel at an expert level
- Scrum Master Certification desired or willingness to obtain certification
- Project management training a plus
About IDS: International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 40-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc. you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
220 South Sixth Street Suite 700, Minneapolis, MN