Senior Backend Engineer
We come to work every day to help solve the challenges faced by America's 78 million hourly workers and redefine the future of work. We do this by building innovative, simple to use technology solutions that positively impact the lives of the people we work for.
Come join our fast growing engineering team as we develop the systems that help people get ahead in life.
What you'll do
- Design and develop critical distributed systems in Java, focusing on security, stability and scalability
- Design, implement, and improve large scale relational databases
- Measure and optimize the performance, scalability, and uptime of backend services
- Enhance a fully automated CI/CD environment using Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Build
- Be a key contributor to architectural decisions
- Demonstrate and promote a culture of engineering excellence
- Conduct design and code reviews and raise the bar on engineering rigor and standards
- Collaborate with executives, product management, UX, customer success, and engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building clean, well architected, distributed, and scalable software
- Strong computer science fundamentals, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong understanding of Java internals, multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- In-depth development experience with RESTful API design and development
- Design and implementation of relational database schemas running on PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or equivalent
- Experience with non-relational databases such as: Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4J, MongoDB
- Fluent with unit / integration testing concepts and tools including JUnit / Mockito, or equivalent
- Experience building software for cloud based infrastructures, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].