Senior Backend Engineer
We're growing fast and adding new members to our core team! If you’re excited to work with a team that moves fast, take risks, and comes to work every day excited about building a product that affects the lives of millions of workers, we would love to hear from you.
We're on a mission to simplify work for the 600M hourly shift workers globally. Our product, Branch Messenger is a lightweight communication platform for shift workers and their companies to collaborate as a team and communicate in real-time about shift changes.
About the job:
As a member of the core development team, you’ll be in a position to apply your talent, knowledge, skills and experience toward operations, deployment, and the creation of our sophisticated backend and client-side mechanisms aimed at microservices applications and their networking, as well as visualization and analysis.
What you'll need:
- You know how to create scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant distributed services.
- You thrive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- You understand how all the pieces fit together, how they impact the performance of your application, and how they make impact to our customers.
- You can help manage data using the latest technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Docker, Elasticsearch, Logstash, GraphQL and Protocol Buffers.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
- Identify issues and implement solutions to complex problems in large scale backend infrastructure platforms
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software across the stack
- Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to production within a short development cycle
- Work in a test-driven environment, verifying the functionality of code and components through implementation of unit and integration tests
- Work in a CI/CD environment using Jenkins and similar tools
- BS or MS in Computer Science. MS preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years of experience architecting and building scalable backend systems
- Solid experience with version control and bug tracking
- Solid experience with RESTful HTTP APIs
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible
- A strong foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Stock options
- New computer or whatever new technology you need to make you successful
- Mobile stipend
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Ability to work remotely whenever you like
60 S. 6th St #2800, Minneapolis, MN