Senior Controls Engineer
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Senior Controls Engineer will work as a member of the Global Control Systems Center of Excellence supporting transport refrigeration. This role will support the execution of embedded controls development projects, working with the hardware, software, software test, and algorithm engineering functions.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Develop and document control algorithms that provide superior performance, enhance reliability and diagnostics.
- Collaborate with product management and system integration teams.
- Support system and sub-system level testing to insure control system behavior meets implicit and explicit requirements. Review and analyze system test data.
- Execute modeling & simulation, rapid experiments and concept validation testing.
- Progress control system modeling, analysis, and verification & validation efforts.
- Drive project execution and achieve project milestones.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least 7 years controls, electronics or systems engineering experience is required.
- Understanding of control system design including instrumentation, HMIs, communication networks, and distributed networked systems. Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering). Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control, fuzzy logic).
- Knowledge in refrigeration technology, vapor compression, refrigeration systems and/or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Experience with model based design process and modeling/simulation of complex systems is required. Proficiency with Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, or Dymola beneficial.
- Ability to program or learn programming languages such as Python, C, C++.
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.