Senior Engineering Manager, Data Center Networking
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Our team is looking for an innovative and results driven engineering leader who will define, develop and deliver our next generation Data Center Network and related services. This position will not only define the strategy but also set technical direction to build and maintain the Infrastructure and service components that will operate as Code. You will lead and manage an organization that is engineering-centric while building partnerships within network teams and across other infrastructure and application development teams. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you...Manage overall infrastructure and operating system software lifecycle, driving best practices and ensuring delivery of best of breed infrastructure services for common assets and framework components. Build and lead a team of high caliber software and infrastructure engineers. Architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines. Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment. Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts. Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture. Ensure all infrastructure code adheres to development & security standards.
- 8+ years of engineering (software and infrastructure) experience.
- Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable data center infrastructure solutions 3+ years of managing teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems and data center environments
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation across an infrastructure based CI/CD framework.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability with an ability to influence when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with programming languages such as GoLang, Java and PythoneCommerce and brick-n-mortar experience with a track record of innovation.
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable.
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Brooklyn Park, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.