Senior Engineering Manager - Rapid
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target as a tech company?
Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores.
Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for leading a team of full-stack engineers that provide the DevOps pipeline tools that accelerate delivery for thousands of Target engineers, enabling them to store, build, and deploy software. This work includes the deployment and configuration of industry leading continuous integration, code repository, binary repository, and system configuration tools as well as custom coding APIs and applications.
The current toolset includes Artifactory, Drone, GitHub Enterprise, Jenkins, and Chef. The team blends operations and application development work, across a wide variety of technologies. Work with the Product owner to drive product Net Promoter Score (NPS), user satisfaction, building the product roadmaps and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to:
- Manage the overall lifecycle of products every engineer at Target uses daily
- Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, and motivation
- Create an engineer-centric culture on the team
- Lead innovation projects and proof-of-concepts
- Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers
- Drive product development and operations with lead engineers and drive technical decision making for the whole team
- Experience with Java, Go, or Ruby
- Experience with cloud-ready deployment strategies
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience managing an on-call rotation for critical applications
- Experience working with an Open Source community project
- Experience with GitHub, Drone, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience building software applications and tools
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of engineering (operations or software development) experience
- 1+ years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery
- Experience building CI pipelines
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Strong sense of ownership
- Expertise in 2 or more programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Team-oriented, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Successful track record of working in large enterprise technology ecosystems leading complex technology teams
Brooklyn Park, MN
1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.