Senior Hardware/Firmware/Electrical Engineer
We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
We are looking for a Senior Hardware/Firmware/Electrical Engineer to join our team. This is a generalist role, you will be responsible for circuit board design (schematics and layout) and firmware/source code development. You will have the opportunity to freely define and expand your role as you see fit.
You should be able to take new, highly technical ideas and prototypes to robust, factory-ready implementation. You will report to the Head of Product, and collaborate with Software App Engineers, Mechanical Engineer & Industrial Designer to build great products. You will be involved in all aspects of the design, development and manufacturing of the electronics hardware. In short, all things related to electronics & firmware will be handled by you, be it hardware component selection & research, PCB design and writing new firmware features.
We are a small startup so everyone wears several hats. You should be comfortable working outside the boundaries of traditional engineering disciplines.
- Create PCBA schematics and layout in Altium. Work with PCBA suppliers on new products and contract manufacturers as necessary.
- Develop source code for common MCU platforms including NXP, Cypress, and other common ARM Cortex MCUs.
- Develop a macOS lib/API to interface with the hardware for our Apps to use
- Take new product concepts through all aspects of the product development cycle, including development of test equipment and procedures for manufacturing support.
- Ensure a seamless transition from prototype to a fully developed and manufactured product.
Skills & Requirements
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Low Level/Embedded software/firmware development.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with working with overseas contract manufacturers, factories and bringing product to production.
- Excited about being part of a small, fast paced, creative, independent small company.
- Self-starter with a passion for product development
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility
Minneapolis / Remote
1400 Van Buren St NE #200, Minneapolis, MN