Senior Performance Testing Lead (19-141)
The Performance Test Engineering Lead role entails performance and scalability testing of a next generation cloud native communications platform. In this role, you will research, design, test, and identify performance bottlenecks for a real time messaging platform and services architecture. A willingness to learn and be a forward thinker is required for success. This role will drive automated and manual performance testing across distributed teams in a highly regulated healthcare environment. Go beyond the daily JMeter performance testing runs and identify how to achieve massive global scalability for a critical real time platform by diving deep into the technology and advocating architectural change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure software meets quality standards by designing test methods, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, and issue tracking.
- Author tests and test automation, perform code reviews, and contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise. Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results and recommend resolutions.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within a team framework to accomplish design goals set by team and development management
- Plan and organize automated testing activities around project needs and timelines
- Provide technical leadership in developing test automation for the system level tests across multiple Spok products and clinical application software
- Act as subject matter expert in reporting status to site management detailing issues, risks, mitigations, and results
- Optimizes solutions from a multi-system point of view by taking into account the effect of any change on other parts of the systems and supporting functions
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 6 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 4 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong experience in Cloud based technologies. AWS preferred.
- Strong experience (2+ years) in using programming/scripting languages in automated testing solutions (Java and/or C# preferred, Python or Go experience a plus).
- Strong experience with JMeter or equivalent performance testing tool (Gatling, Locust, Tsung, etc)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience with identifying solutions around performance bottlenecks.
- Hands on experience using continuous integration tools. Jenkins preferred.
- Experience with serverless and containerized infrastructures preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL performance testing preferred.
- Strong issue analysis and debugging skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Eden Prairie, MN
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].