Senior Principal Software Engineer
The Senior Principal Software Engineer (SPSE (19-146)) is a leader and member of a highly-motivated team.
This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SPSE will direct and coordinate activities necessary to complete major projects, requiring a wide variety of technical skills, UX design, and industry best practices.
The SPSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SPSE will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members; scaling projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs and ensuring quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate activities to complete projects requiring a wide variety of technical skills; oversee advanced product development.
- Consult with and provide guidance to senior development leaders on advanced technical issues.
- Lead Scrum team to develop Spok’s new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities. May oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Lead Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate. Lead other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines; identify, track and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 10+ years’ experience, or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 8 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading teams; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Strong Experience with .NET and C#
- Strong with React
- Strong Architectural Experience
- Strong Experience with Go
- Strong Experience with AWS
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with ADFS and SSO
- Experience with building secure software
- Understanding of ElasticSearch is a plus
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
• At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic.• Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935 •
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
10400 Yellow Cir Dr, Eden Prairie, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.