Senior Ruby Developer
Join Drip as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe.
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an E-commerce CRM designed for digital marketers who want to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. E-commerce marketers around the world are starting to see their customers in full color with Drip features like comprehensive tracking, hyper-segmentation, and robust email marketing automation. They’re graduating from typical email platforms, bloated CRMs, or overhyped marketing automation tools, and becoming more successful with Drip.
Are you interested in contributing to a focused, high-talent, passionate team? Are you driven by creating innovative products that change the way businesses grow and the way email works? Then join us at Drip!
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with Drip, you’ll work on a small product team within a gorgeous Rails codebase, helping to design, develop, and ship production features that are used by thousands of customers worldwide. We are growing our team, which means that we're looking for sophisticated developers who have a passion for architecting and creating eloquent software solutions that will help drive our marketing automation products. This position will focus on application development within a SaaS environment using cutting-edge tools and tech. You will consistently tackle interesting problems, discover new challenges, collaborate cross-departmentally and thrive in a learning ecosystem.
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Building and deploying features on a weekly basis - starting on your first week!
- Working with a front-end developer to optimize the performance of existing features
- Writing unit tests for your code in order to maintain our current 92% test coverage (we have 2.5 lines of tests for every line of production code!). This is a true test-driven environment
- Working independently AND on a team to tackle interesting problems, along with the time to solve them correctly
- Building your legacy in a gorgeous production SaaS app that is used on thousands of production websites
- Working directly with two SaaS co-founders on a highly-effective software team
We place a high preference on Rails Developers who have:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional, full-time Rails experience
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and Rails 5
- Solid experience with modern unit testing practices and are well versed in TDD/BDD environments
- An ability to both understand and design complex architectures that scale
- Experience building web applications that serve hundreds of thousands of users
Huge plus if you have experience with the following but it is not required:
In addition to the above, you are...
- Are extremely detail-oriented - this isn’t just a sound-bite for you, it's one (of many!) of your genuine qualities
- Are not only well-versed technically, but you are thorough in thought and process
- Love those "ah-ha!" moments when you've found a solution to a tricky problem
- Thrive on helping others and making sure that things are working properly
- Know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it
- Aren't bashful to admit when you don't know something and will jump in and learn it! You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up
Who we are:
Drip+Leadpages was thrilled to make #297 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list (we were #3 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the past three years in a row! To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram,Facebook and About pages.
Drip is a small SaaS product team inside Leadpages, working on a separate marketing automation application that is aptly named Drip. We are a mission-driven team that's a haven for growing and expanding your technical chops. We spend a lot of time making Drip look gorgeous both inside and out, placing a high emphasis on code quality, test coverage, and UI/UX. Working with us gives you the ability to work for a high-energy, rapidly-evolving startup, but with all of the stability and perks of a well-funded parent company (health insurance/benefits package, stock options, 401k, etc.).
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, here’s what we’ll bring in return:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- A flexible schedule and opportunities to work from home.
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis' North Loop neighborhood.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note: residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- Finally, no politics and no jerks.
At Drip+Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individuality and honor their unique strengths. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
251 1st Ave. North, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN