Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Why is this role important to Field Nation?
As a Product Company, making technology quick, seamless and reliable is at the core of what makes us successful. Using an SRE mindset, this role is key to hitting our desired uptime goal and ensuring changes to our platform are delivered in a timely manner. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This is a newly created position and is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside Lead Site Reliability Engineer as part of an agile team
- Monitoring a complicated microservice environment.
- Maintaining deploying infrastructure with automation.
- Maintain and evolve continuous integration and continuous deployment process.
- Work closely with product and development teams to ensure that architecture aligns with high-availability and scalability goals.
What you'll need:
- Strong Linux server experience.
- Use of PaaS systems such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similar cloud hosting.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Configuration management experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Experience with administering and working with MySQL or other relational DBs
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies.
- Experience deploying and managing kubernetes clusters.
- Experience managing deployment pipelines with Jenkins.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.
733 Marquette Avenue S, #800, Minneapolis, MN
To change or remove this job posting please contact email@example.com.