Senior Software Engineer
As a leading provider of global information security solutions, Code42 secures the ideas of more than 50,000 organizations worldwide, including the most recognized brands in business and education. Because Code42 collects and indexes every version of every file, the company offers security, legal and IT teams total visibility and recovery of data wherever it lives and moves. Founded in 2001, the company is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices in London, Munich, San Francisco, Denver and Washington, D.C. We are proud to be funded by Accel Partners, JMI Equity, NEA and Split Rock Partners.
Code42 is committed to providing all employees with engaging and challenging work, opportunity for growth, an equal voice to drive innovation, and an environment that cultivates authenticity. In return, we look for people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, collaborate effectively, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us all think better and differently. Come join us and #BeCode42
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team! We're looking for people with a passion for world-class software development who understand the importance of maintainable code and comprehensive tests, and who will help Code42 protect and secure our customers' data. As an engineer at Code42 you'll be working on challenging problems in scalability, security, and new feature development. You might be a good fit if you enjoy participating in or leading design sessions in front of a whiteboard, implementing a pragmatic solution to a sticky problem, or digging into a stack trace from a failed test. We have a casual and collaborative work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Designing and implementing code for assigned projects, both independently and with teammates, taking into account needs for monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting all across the Code42 technology stack.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to medium-size product features.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Helping to mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Learning about new things and sharing that with the team.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented development concepts and practical application.
- Experienced with testing frameworks used by the team (jUnit, Mockito, or similar).
- Experienced with databases and using SQL.
- Experienced with agile/lean development processes.
- Practical experience on public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- Familiar with continuous integration and DevOps concepts.
- Comfortable taking ownership of deliverables as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Has a passion for building systems that work well.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form.
- Can articulate business impact of technical decisions to non-technical staff.
- Comfortable with build tools (gradle, Jenkins, Concourse).
- Familiar with cloud deployment tools (Terraform, CloudFormation,Serverless).
- Experience building modular monoliths and right-sized services.
- Experience with SaaS and On-Prem software products.
- Can provide real-world examples of production-quality work you've done in the past.
- Active in the local tech community.
- Contributor to open-source software.
100 Washington Ave S., Suite 2000, Minneapolis, MN 55401
To change or remove this job posting please contact [email protected].